Lansdale Presbyterian Church has its roots in the Reformed branch of the Protestant Reformation of the 16th and 17th centuries. The church was begun in the spring of 1956 through the combined efforts and support of Faith Presbyterian Church of Quarryville and Calvary Presbyterian Church of Willow Grove. The first service was led by organizing pastor James Ransom in a building at the corner of Wood Street and Derstine Avenue in Lansdale. Four years later the congregation moved to 30 West Mount Vernon Street where it remained until 1970, when a tract of land was purchased on Oak Park Road, the site of the current church building.
From its start the church has and continues to be committed to the Bible as the inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule for faith and life. The teaching of the church also reflects the Westminster Confession of Faith (written in 1647) to which every church officer must subscribe. In 1959, the church affiliated with the Reformed Presbyterian Church in North America, a denomination committed to the Scriptures and to the Westminster standards. In 1962, Rev. John Clark was called as pastor and continued in faithful service to the church until his retirement in 1998. In October of 1999, our associate pastor, Rev. Thomas Keane, was installed as the new senior pastor.
Throughout the years, the congregation has continued to grow and new ministries have been added. On two occasions, members were sent out to help the start of daughter churches: one in Quakertown, and one in Harleysville. In addition, Building Blocks Christian School and Covenant Counseling Center were established as ministries of the church.
As we look to the future, our church continues to be committed to the Scriptures and to its historic Presbyterian and Reformed roots. We continue as well to bring the gospel of Christ to all people and to impact our society with the life-changing power of the Word of God.
From its start the church has and continues to be committed to the Bible
as the inerrant Word of God, the only infallible rule for faith and life.